It’s almost that time of the year again – when Port Douglas comes alive with a diverse variety of special events to celebrate festival Carnivale! You can expect this year to be bigger and better than ever as we head into Carnivale’s 25th anniversary. This widely loved celebration is jampacked full of live music, food extravaganzas, kid’s entertainment, and so much more.
For those who have come along to previous years, you’ll get to re-live the classics such as the street parade and the family beach day, but 2019 will deliver some events that have never been seen before in Carnivale’s 25 year history!
If you want to make a trip of it, don’t forget about exploring FNQ’s nature walks, as well as the town’s excellent bars, and restaurants. This truely is a special part of the world with so much to see and experience – North or nowhere we like to say!
Let’s get into the fun stuff – here’s exactly what’s on the cards this year for Carnivale Port Douglas.
Friday 17th May
- Limbo Up Close: 17th-26th – Dixie Park
Tuesday 21st May
- Tropical Destinations Photography Exhibition: 10am-4pm – Port Douglas Community Hall
Wednesday 22nd May
- The GALA dinner with ABBA-solutely fabulous! 5:30pm-11pm – Sheraton Grand Glade
- Microcosm: All day
Thursday 23rd May
- Circus Wonderland – A Mermaid’s Tale: 23rd-26th – Dixie Park
Friday 24th May
- Out @ Carnivale: 8pm-late – Oaks Resort
- Opening Street Parade: from 5pm – Macrossan Street
- Debauched Burlesque: 24th-25th – Dixie Park
- Ochre’s Culinary Delights: 11:30am-3pm – Rex Smeal Park
Saturday 25th May
- Great Northern’s – Eskimo Joe live concert: 7pm-10:30pm – Rex Smeal Park
- Quicksilver Family Beach Day: 9am-3pm – Four Mile Beach
- Surf Side Session: 3pm-6pm – Port Douglas Surf Life Saving Club
- AFL Game Day – Crocs Vs Hawks: 2pm – Port Douglas Footy Grounds
Sunday 26th May
- Free Kids Concert with Bopstar Party Pair: 9am-11am – Port Douglas Life Saving Club
- Free Entertainment and Seafood: 12pm-8pm – Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina
Please visit www.carnivale.com.au for more event details
If you love the region as much as we do, Carnivale is one inspiring local event that cannot be missed – see for yourself this May 2019.