Celebrate Carnivale 2018 in true Port Douglas style at The Meridian!
This year Carnivale will be held from Friday 25th to Sunday 27th of May.
The Macrossan St Parade on the Friday commences the festivities at 5pm with a spectacular show of fireworks at 9pm. You can also expect to see some amazing performances from jugglers, stilt walkers and fire twirlers!
Watch locals and visitors alike flock to Port Douglas to celebrate the start of the tourism season. There really is something for everyone at this highly anticipated event including arts, entertainment, sports, food & wine, comedy, culture and music.
Across the 3 days there are a huge variety of events for the whole family to enjoy and participate in! Are you a self confessed foodie? Indulge your tastebuds with the various events that span over the weekend at different locations.
The Wonderland Spiegeltent is back by popular demand with more wild & wacky circus acts, saucy late night burlesque shows, fun & flirty cabaret, hilarious comedy shows and fun for the kids too.
What’s New? Watch Port Douglas come alive with Tropic Night, a visual feast of captivating projection installations and cutting edge digital projection art. Party the night away at Out! At Carnivale – a celebration at Estillo Bar QT Hotel after a resounding “Yes” vote for marriage equality in last year’s postal survey. Everyone is invited to come dance the night away at QT Hotel.
For more information on events please visit carnivale.com.au
Thursday 24th May
- Circus Wonderland – 5pm at the Spiegeltent
Friday 25th May
- Longest Lunch – 11:30am to 3pm at Rex Smeal Park
- Tropical Magic Street Parade – from 5pm on Macrossan St
- Rogue Burlesque – 8pm at the Spiegeltent
- Tropic Night – Lights on at dusk at the Sugar Wharf & Anzac Park
- Out! At Carnivale – After the parade at Estillo Bar, QT Hotel Port Douglas
Saturday 26th May
- Family Beach Day – 10am to 3pm at Four Mile Beach
- Tropic Rock Live Concert – 5pm to 10:30pm at Rex Smeal Park
- Circus Wonderland
– 11am + 2pm at the Spiegeltent
- AFL Port Douglas Crocs vs North Cairns Tigers – 12 midday
- Akmah Saleh Stand Up Comedy – 6:30pm at the Spiegeltent
- Rogue Burlesque – 8:30pm at the Spiegeltent
- Late Night Burlesque – 10:30pm at the Spiegeltent
Sunday 27th May
- Seafood Extravaganza Festival – 10am to 6pm at Rex Smeal Park
- Circus Wonderland – 11am + 2pm at the Spiegeltent
- Rogue Burlesque – 5pm + 7:30pm at the Spiegeltent
Come and experience one of Australia’s most exciting and diverse events that has been named a ‘must’ by many. Discover the beauty of Tropical North Queensland, soak up some sunshine, relax by the seaside and celebrate with family and friends.
For bookings and a comprehensive list of events, times and how to book visit www.carnivale.com.au
Ensure you book your accommodation early to avoid disappointment as Port Douglas is VERY busy during this period!
Click here to view our rates or alternatively call us on 07 4084 2400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org