Over the years Port Douglas has become a stylish seaside village where fashion lovers flock and the trend-setters feel at home. Think chic resort-wear, bohemian patterns, elegant sun hats, exquisite jewellery and funky tropical homewares – there is something bound to catch your eye. From cool surf shops to high-end fashion and everything in between, the Port Douglas shopping scene is second to none and has something for everybody, whatever your taste, style and budget.
These days it seems there is a new boutique opening up on every corner, so we thought we would help our guests out and do some ‘research’ a.k.a retail therapy!
Here are our top picks – enjoy!
- Tahitian Lime – This newly opened boutique is any fashionista’s heaven. With racks full of bold patterns, bright colours and plenty of gorgeous swimwear, this store suits women of all ages. This little bohemian oasis in the tropics is located on Macrossan St across the road from Coles.
- Ahoy Trader – Located on Macrossan St across from Rattle N Hum, Ahoy Trader will catch your eye with a window full of gorgeous feminine prints. For many, the main attraction at Ahoy is their gorgeous range of Spell & The Gypsy Collective clothing and swimwear from Byron Bay. To sweeten the deal – you can grab a Sparrow Coffee while you shop as they share the store space.
- Tzusk – Tsuzk was opened in the early 90’s by fashion designer Di Perry who is known for her timeless designs using natural high-quality fabrics. Think contemporary elegance and stylish comfort. You will also find high-end fashion and jewellery labels from Europe including stilo Emportio, Annette Gortz and Studio Runholtz.
- Barbarella & Swan – Think classy, timeless pieces that are suitable for work or play! There are plenty of beautiful dresses at Barbarella & Swan from casual to race wear to that special occasion. Located at the beach end of Macrossan St in the Portico Shopping Centre.
- Jungle Road – If you’re searching for high-quality Australian made clothing that doesn’t break the bank – Jungle Road is for you. This store features a wide selection of leading fashion labels specializing in natural fibres – mainly cotton, bamboo, hemp, modal, silk and linen styles. Located at shop 10/30 Macrossan St.
Port Douglas is also home to popular fashion stores Cotton On, Jay Jays, Just Jeans, Witchery, Lorna Jane and more.
- Tshinta – Supporting the dream of an endless summer, Tshinta offers a boutique range of swimwear, beachwear and accessories perfect for the Port Douglas lifestyle! Brands include Heidi Klum, Stella Mccartney and Sun Soaked. Located at 20 Macrossan St near the Commonwealth bank.
- Splish Splash – Offering a very extensive range of swimwear and apparel, it is impossible not to find the perfect beach outfit here! Splish Splash is known for their fantastic customer service and their ‘best of the best’ range including Seafolly, Sunseeker, Speedo, Baku, aussieBum and so much more. Located on Grant St, near Watergate Restaurant.
- Captain & Crew Men’s & Boyswear – Let’s not forget about some retail therapy for the boys! Captain & Crew Men’s & Boyswear offers an elite selection of brands including Nautica, Mossimo, Superdry, No Excess Holland and more. Located at 1/16 Macrossan St.
- Wicked Willies Jewellery – Feast your eyes on freshwaster pearls, precious stones, stone carvings, natural stone bead strands, Tahitian pearls and more. Wicked Willies is the perfect place to pick up a gift for your loves ones (or yourself!). Located at 33 Macrossan St.
- Moonglow Jewellery – For a unique and sentimental piece of jewellery to add to your collection, visit Moonglow at 48 Macrossan St. Purchase a beautiful pendant with a picture of the moon in the sky on the day you were born! Makes for a very thoughtful gift.
Homewares & Gifts
- Pebble – With products reflecting the Australian seaside and landscape, Pebble is perfectly suited to Port Douglas! Choose from an eclectic mix of inspirational homewares, gifts and accessories – you can also grab a coffee and cake! Located at 24 Wharf St, across from the Sugar Wharf.
- With Sugar – Funky, fun and fabulous – With Sugar offers an awesome range of gifts, homewares, crafts, games, accessories and children’s toys. The lovely ladies who work here will help you find the perfect gift or treasure to take home. Located at 40 Macrossan St.
We hope you enjoy the shopping in Port Douglas as much as we do! Feeling hungry? Click here to see where to get the freshest seafood in Port Douglas.