Wondering what there is to do in Port Douglas? We have put together a 1 day itinerary of some of the best and most popular things to do when visiting Port Douglas with a focus on relaxation and enjoying the beauty of Tropical North Queensland.
- 7:30am: Go for a morning walk or run along the beautiful Four Mile Beach. Kick start your day even further with some yoga – bring a towel or yoga mat and attend one of the beachfront classes (fees apply).
- 9am: Breakfast at Little Larder on Macrossan Street. This cute café offers a fantastic range of tasty breakfast items and excellent coffee! Also make sure to try their famous gourmet sandwiches served from 12pm.
- 10am: Take a walk down Macrossan Street and check out the local boutiques that sell everything from clothing and accessories to flowers and fresh food. If it’s a Sunday, we highly recommend the Port Douglas Markets!
- 11:30am: Pack a picnic and head to Mossman Gorge for an afternoon of relaxation in tranquil surrounds and take in the beauty of the pristine rainforest, cool streams, towering mountains and the dramatic Gorge.
- 4:00pm: In classic Port Douglas style, simply relax! Grab a book and sit by the pool or ocean and take a moment for some time to yourself.
- 5:30pm: Take a sunset stroll around the marina and Sugar Wharf.
- 6:30pm: Enjoy a sundowner at Watergate who are renowned for their delicious and creative cocktails!
- 7:30pm: Dinner at Salsa Bar & Grill, an award winning restaurant that offers a laid back atmosphere with an amazing Modern Australian menu that focuses on fresh, local produce. TIP: Book in advance, especially during high season when the restaurant can be booked out 7-10 days in advance.
Some other ideas:
- Fishing trip charter
- Spa treatment at one of the many day spas
- Great Barrier Reef trip
- Hartleys Crocodile Adventure
- Sailing adventures
- Daintree Rainforest tours
- Day trip to Fitzroy Island
- Click here to view our tour desk
Our friendly and helpful staff are always more than happy to give suggestions of things to do in and around Port Douglas.
Click here to check out our ‘Top 10 Things to do in Port Douglas’.
[vegas id=1030 fade=3000 delay=4000 overlay= arrows=yes autoplay=yes poster=yes]