Receive a FREE Flames of the Forest cultural & culinary experience for 2 guests when staying 7 nights or more at Meridian Port Douglas
- Room Types: Valid for stays in a 1 Bedroom Premier Apartment.
- Travel dates: Valid from September to November 2019 + May to June 2020
- T&Cs: Subject to availability. Minimum 7 night stay. Full payment on booking. Non refundable. Applies to new direct bookings only.
1 Bedroom Premier Apartments feature a large balcony expanding the spacious internal living area and overlooking the resort pool or gardens. Premier Apartments are fully self contained accommodation and feature a king bed, separate living and dining area, as well granite kitchen benches, complemented by stainless steel appliances, dishwasher and microwave.
From $250 per night
About Flames of the Forest
Ten minutes from Port Douglas, and a world away from the everyday. Flames of the Forest transports you into a world beyond your imagination so relaxing and uplifting for your soul you will never want to leave.
A completely intimate, natural experience set within the candle lit rainforest under a black silk canopy highlighted by crystal and bud light chandeliers, Flames of the Forest creates an unforgettable memory at an extraordinary natural venue. Enjoy romantic, and intimate rainforest dining in this magical place.
Choose from an Aboriginal Cultural Experience from Tuesday to Thursday, or a Rainforest Dining Experience on Saturdays.
Aboriginal Cultural Experience – Tuesday & Thursday Nights
Tuesday and Thursday nights feature two local Aboriginal brothers sharing their remarkable culture with you during the evening. The performance features a cultural background, story telling, didgeridoo playing and song. The rainforest is the natural, authentic backdrop for this spiritual and mystical culture, a performance unique to Flames of the Forest, where you will learn about their timeless oral traditions.
- Time: 7.30pm – 10.30pm (excluding transfer time)
- Flaming arrival & candle lit forest
- Pre dinner drinks with hors d’oeuvres & sparkling wine
- Seven dish plattered banquet served to the table
- Dessert accompanied by Tableland Coffee and Daintree Tea
- Australian sparkling wine, Australian white & red wine, beer & soft drinks
- Aboriginal cultural performance featuring didgeridoo, singing & story telling
- Cover from the rain gods under a black silk and velvet lined marquee with crystal & budlight chandeliers, and other vital conveniences to ensure comfort.
- Shared tables so guests may meet other intrepid travellers
Rainforest Dining Experience – Saturday Nights:
Saturday night features a six course tropical tasting menu and quality Australian wines whilst enjoying the mellow sounds of a live solo acoustic guitar performance. Perfect for honeymooners, small wedding receptions and those seeking a unique dining experience, Flames of the Forest is truly food for the soul.
- Time: 7.30pm – 10.00pm (excluding transfer time)
- 6 course, plated, tropical tasting menu
- Quality Australian sparkling wine, Australian red & white wines, premium beer
- Soft drink, juice, water, tea and coffee
- Cover from the rain gods under black silk and velvet lined marquee highlighted by sparkling hand made crystal and bud light chandeliers, and other vital conveniences to ensure comfort.
- Tables can be booked as tables of two or more
- Live solo acoustic guitarist
Direct bookings only. To receive this special rate, this booking is non refundable and the full amount will be taken when the booking is made. No refund will be given if booking is cancelled or amended in any way. We recommend that you purchase travel insurance to minimise any loss should there be a need to cancel this booking.