From $175 per Adult
Duration: 11 hours
Located north of Mossman Gorge; in the World Heritage-listed Daintree National Park, this challenging 10km-return walk is steep, but offers guests a truly unique experience. As you make your way up the trail, walk through a variety of terrain ranging from lowland rainforest to a coral fern-dotted clearing 1000m up. Scramble over boulders to reach the lookout of Devils Thumb; a large boulder overhanging the rainforest below.
Enjoy sublime views across the Main Coast Range, the coast line and Coral Sea to the East. The views and abundant birdlife to spot, make the hard work worthwhile.
WARNING: This is a challenging 8-10 hour hike, only suitable for fit and active individuals. Due to the regions weather, this tour will only operate from May 1st – October 31st. This tour is very weather dependant, a full refund will be offered if cancelled due to adverse weather conditions.
- Small Group Tour – Max 8
- Unique animals and plants
- Explore the unseen side of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area
- Longest & highest hike in the Daintree National park
- Unrivalled views of the coastline and Coral Sea
- Snacks along the walk + Gourmet Picnic lunch
- Friendly, safety trained guide
- 6.00am – 6.30am: Pickup Palm Cove/Port Douglas/Mossman accommodation.
- 6.30am-7.00am: Drive north past Mossman Gorge, to the start of the walk.
- 7.00am-10.30am: Follow the trail up the range to the Coral Fern Patch.
- 10.30am-10.45am: Enjoy morning tea with views across the coastline below.
**Please note: This area will be used as the turn around point if guests are not up to the challenge of reaching Devil’s Thumb (at guides discretion). The Coral Fern patch provides similar views, we can spend more time exploring this area before heading back down to the vehicle.
- 10.45am-12.15pm: Continue along the trail, reaching Devil’s Thumb.
- 12.15pm-12.45pm: Gourmet Picnic Lunch on top of Devil’s Thumb* (weather dependant)
- 12.45pm-4.00pm: Begin our return journey back down the trail to the vehicle.
- 4.00pm-5.00pm: Return back to Palm Cove/Port Douglas/Mossman accomodation.
- This is a challenging hike
- Not recommended if pregnant, or any knee, ankle, hip issues
- High level of fitness required
- Must be able to walk/climb over uneven terrain
- Closed toed shoes are required; preferably hiking shoes.
- Minimum age to participate is 11 years old.
- Complimentary pickup & drop off
- Fully guided bushwalk
- Hiking Poles
- Gourmet Picnic lunch
- All Safety equipment
- Comfortable Backpack with BPA-free water bottle
- Insect repellent
WHAT TO BRING
- Shoes with good grip suitable for walking longer distances on uneven terrain (may get wet)
- Long sleeved sun-shirt
- Any personal medications