From $240 per Adult
Duration: Full Day (starts at 7:30am) 8-11 hours
Immerse yourself in a rainforest experience like no other!
Beginning the day at a secret location on the Mossman River for our one of a kind River Drift Snorkelling tour; searching for turtles, water dragons and the elusive platypus. After a well earned lunch, enjoy a traditional Kuku Yalanji smoking ceremony at the Mossman Gorge; you’ll be cleansed of bad spirits and have traditional rainforest body paint applied. Exploring the Daintree National Park at an easy pace, this interpretive 1.5hr walk, will leave you with a deeper understanding of this breath-taking rainforest.. A Daintree adventure not to be missed!
- Small group tour – Max 12
- Traditional Kuku Yalanji smoking ceremony
- Lunch included
- Brilliant photo opportunities
- River Drift Snorkelling under the rainforest canopy
- Search for turtles and platypus
- Interpretive rainforest walk
- Flagstaff Hill Lookout*
- Return transfers ex Port Douglas/ Mossman/ Palm Cove / Cairns
- Mossman Gorge Welcome ceremony
- Guided rainforest walk
- Lunch and snacks
- BPA-Free water bottle for the walk
- Walking poles and backpack if req.
- River Drift Snorkelling tour
- All wetsuits and snorkelling gear
- Prescription masks (limited)
- All Safety equipment
- Safety trained river guide
- 7.45am – 9.15am: Pickup from Cairns/Palm Cove/Port Douglas/Mossman. Travel north to a secret location on the Mossman River.
- 9.15am – 9.20am: Drive to River Snorkelling site
- 9.20am – 9.35am: Get outfitted with your wetsuit and snorkeling gear; wetsuit shoes and snorkel mask.
- 9.40am – 11.50am: After a safety briefing, begin exploring the river with your guide. Walking through rainforest, swimming, snorkelling and Drifting under the canopy.
- 11.50am – 12.00pm: Remove wetsuits, and safety gear. Dry off while enjoying light snacks.
- 12.00pm – 12.15pm Travel to Mossman Gorge Visitor Centre.
- 12.15pm – 1.00pm: Lunch provided
- 1.00pm – 1.15pm: Welcome to Country by Kuku Yalanji traditional owners.
- 1.15pm – 1.25pm Ride the Eco-friendly shuttle bus up to the start of the trail.
- 1.25pm – 3.35pm: Begin with your guided walk through easy-grade walking tracks, with optional swim along the way
- 3.35pm – 3.45pm: Take the shuttle bus back to the Visitor Centre
- 4.15pm: Mossman guests dropped off.
- 4.15pm – 5.00pm Drive to Port Douglas, take in the views of Four Mile Beach from Flagstaff Hill Lookout *not available for Mossman guests
- 5.00pm – 6.00pm Begin drop offs in Port Douglas Palm Cove/Cairns
River Drift Snorkelling may be affected by heavy rainfall. If we are unable to safely use the river, we will offer guests an alternative itinerary. However, If guests wish to cancel prior to start of tour, we will provide a full refund.
WHAT TO BRING
- Shoes suitable for walking up to 3.5km/2mi on uneven terrain (may get wet).
- Swimwear + Towel
- Backpack/carry bag
- Any personal medications