From $99 per Adult
Duration: 4.25 hours
This is a great tour for those of you who only want to spend a half day out, are short on time, or want to enjoy a nice sleep-in while on holiday! We visit two areas on this trip, Daintree River and Mossman Gorge, and enjoy an afternoon tea in between.
- Begin with a drive along the Captain Cook Highway, passing cane fields on the way to the Daintree River, and share a little history along the way.
- Here, we board a cruise along the tidal reaches of the Daintree River for an hour, looking out for all manner of creatures, including the estuarine crocodile, snakes, birds, frogs, and more.
- From here, we head back down for afternoon tea at the Mossman Gorge Visitors Centre, feasting on Damper accompanied by local honey and cream together with your choice of coffees, teas, or soft drinks. Next, we jump onto a bus into the gorge itself.
- Once in Mossman Gorge National Park, we conduct an interpretive walk along an elevated boardwalk so we can have a closer look at the rainforest canopy.
- Weather dependent, we can enjoy a dip in the crystal-clear rainforest stream, which can be quite refreshing, whilst being surrounded by the beautiful and healing Mossman Gorge rainforest. What a memorable way to spend an afternoon!
- Mossman Gorge short walk and swim
- Use of raincoats and umbrellas
- Afternoon tea
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation
What to Bring
- Swimwear and towel
- Sensible shoes
- Hat and sunscreen