From $105 per Adult
Duration: 3.5 hours
If you love nature and the water, then this is the perfect tour for you!
Within an ancient rainforest, step into the cool, crystal clear water and drift with the current as you explore life under the water’s surface. Watch fish dart in and around the river stones and keep your eyes out for the occasional turtle. This family friendly tour is a perfect way to stay cool in the hot tropics and is a great introduction to snorkelling before heading out to the reefs. Small children can journey down the river on large river sleds.
- Small group tour
- Drift under the rainforest canopy
- Search for turtles and platypus
- Learn about this incredible river
- All equipment included
- Family friendly activity
- 8.40am/9.15am: Pickup Palm Cove/Port Douglas/Mossman accommodation.
- 9.15am – 9.20am: Drive to River Snorkelling site
- 9.20am – 9.35am: Get outfitted with your wetsuit and snorkeling gear; wetsuit shoes and snorkel mask.
- 9.35am – 9.40am: Short walk through rainforest to the river.
- 9.40am – 11.50am: Starting with a safety briefing and swimming test, spend the next 2-hours drifting along and exploring the crystal clear waters
- 11.50am – 12.10pm: Remove wetsuits, and safety gear. Dry off while enjoying light snacks before heading back.
- 12.10pm – 1.00pm: Drive back through Sugar Cane country, arriving in Port Douglas/Mossman/Palm Cove Accomodation.
We recommend guests wear their swimmers under clothes, as there are no change rooms at the river. Please leave all valuables and loose fitting jewellery at accommodation.
- Complimentary pickup & drop off
- All wetsuits and snorkelling gear
- Prescription masks (limited)
- All Safety equipment
- Safety trained river guide
RIVER SNORKELLING REQUIREMENTS
- Not recommended if pregnant
- Must be able to walk easily over uneven surfaces and through moving water.
- Ability to walk up tree roots to exit.
- Minimum age to participate is 3 years old. Children aged 3-8 must wear a PFD
- Max wetsuit size 3XL, max shoe size US 13.
- Max weight limit is 135kg/297lb
WHAT TO BRING
- Swimwear to wear under the wetsuit
- Camera (can be placed in dry bag)
- Any personal medications