Duration – Full Day 7.30am – 5pm
Cost: From $283 per Adult
Environment Management Charge & Administration Fee $6.50 per person
Sailaway VII is a 25m custom built sailing catamaran, sailing daily to the Great Barrier Reef. An Advanced Eco Tourism Operator & Climate Action Leader and National Sustainability Winner, Sailaway innovates an exciting New Eco Adventure, Full Day Outer Reef Sailing Adventure to Mackay & Undine Coral Cays.
The adventure starts with an early departure from Port Douglas Marina. Guests can sit back and relax on the beautiful yacht and set sail to the Coral Cays of Mackay or Undine Reefs. They will enjoy an authentic sailing experience, following the coastline and views of the Daintree mountains.
Once at the protected sites at the Coral Cays, nature activities will include snorkelling over the pristine coral reef with a qualified marine biologist offering reef interpretation on a guided snorkel tour. A glass bottom boat coral viewing tour is also on offer. Premium reef sites showcase abundant marine life, including encounters with turtles and an amazing display of giant clam gardens, beautiful corals and a wide variety of fish.
Exploring the white sands of the coral cays will relax the mind. Soak up the sun, peace and tranquility and swim in turquoise clear waters. Small numbers of guests ensure personal interactive communication with our experience guides.
A tropical buffet lunch, morning and afternoon teas & coffees, supplied by local plantations, will compliment a day of adventure and relaxation. Expert guiding and 1st class services are all included from helpful, friendly crew.
Immersed in the northern frontier of Great Barrier Reef, this is the perfect sailing and snorkelling adventure for a conservation minded visitor. Ideally suited to those who can swim and have a spirit of fun and adventure. Discerning guests can fully enjoy an inspiring full day adventure using wind power to the absolutely stunning cays on the Great Barrier Reef in the most environmentally way!
- Courtesy coach transfers from Port Douglas accommodation
- Morning & Afternoon tea and coffee, cakes & fresh fruit platter
- Superb tropical buffet lunch
- Snorkelling equipment, optical masks, seasonal lycra snorkelling suits, wet suits & flotation devices
- Snorkelling instruction and in-water assistance
- Guided snorkel tour with a marine biologist
- Glass bottom boat viewing and reef interpretation talk
- Explore the pristine coral cays
- 4.5 hours at two unspoilt locations on the Outer Barrier Reef
- The experience of sailing on board the luxury sailing catamaran Sailaway VII
- Eco Shamba Environmental Initiative $20 to local re-forestation